When it comes to adorning a house, every effort to nurture and enhance the walls, the ceiling, and the corners is taken. Yet, ever considered how the floor, too, needs attention and work? Often regarded as the houses’ fifth wall, the flooring presents a large space to walk, lie down, move around stuff, and so much more. A carpet works very similarly to a table mat. Just how a table mat covers the table and prevents it from wear-tear, water spillage, dust, and dirt; carpets adorn the floor. They protect it from scratches and dust and also provide a plush feel to the feet. Over the last couple of years, carpets and rugs have emerged as a popular choice among people around the world. In addition to the above reasons for having a carpet in place, one essential feature that needs attention is the combination of carpets and decorative items. Wondering how? Well, carpets on floors work like large plain canvases that can be painted and highlighted with decor items in different colors, shapes, and sizes. So, if looking to add some jazz and character to a house, here are a few carpet and rug trends to rely upon. Have a look!
- The Ultimate Luxury-Plush Carpets – Yes, if affluence and splendor are on the cards, then the perfect solution is a super soft, plush, foamed carpet. It adds volume, softness, and certain sophistication to the overall space. More so, it is exceptionally comforting for the feet after a long day’s work and works miraculously in both bold and light tones.
- Playing The Color Twist – There is no doubt that single solid colors are eternal, but a bit of drama never really hurts, right? To add that sparkle and boost the energy, a dual-tone carpet or rug in contrasting colors seems to be a great choice. If the overall look of the room is more neutral and subtle, a dash of bright warm colors will work well. And if it is a vibrant space with colors around in furniture and upholstery, pick a softer and lightly blended carpet option.
- The Dreamy Floral Look – Is there anything as soothing and rejuvenating as fresh and lovely florals? Nothing matches the soulfulness and feminity of having an intricately hand-woven rich carpet at home. Their textures and blends create a very versatile look that just can’t go wrong. Additionally, this carpet looks ethereal with any sort of home decor, lighting solutions, and wall colors.
- The Carpet Cum Curtain Trend – The latest and the hottest trend in the home decor department is doubling up light carpets into curtains. Astonishing as it may sound, but lightly hand-crafted and embroidered carpets make for catchy curtains that easily absorb light and sound too!
- The Geometric – Tile Vogue – This variant of carpet style has re-emerged strongly in the last couple of months. Besides other patterns like tiles, strips, polka prints, these geometrically shaped carpets are fun, colorful, and bring along vivid creativity. And most importantly they make space look bigger, fuller, and add more depth to it.
- The Carpet Rolls – Carpet rolls are like long uncut sheets of carpet that can be laid across the room to cover larger spaces end-to-end. They leave no corners uncovered and are super easy to apply with minimum creases and seams. The uniformity and continuation of these carpets add volume and a certain type of character to the whole space flooring. Also, it is super cost-effective too!
Carpets can be a great way of expressing one’s personality – playful, subtle, sophisticated, consistent, and so much more. Also, it is an art that takes up creativity, deep thought, and effort. While choosing the appropriate carpeting idea, consider the space and its purpose, the lighting in and around, the pieces of furniture in place, and above all the vibe that resonates with one’s individuality. These trends are ruling the world and are certainly here to stay. Try them today!