Melbourne is one of the fastest-growing cities in Australia, and It has already become a destination for tech companies and startups. Ranking as the top tech city in the country, one can find that the city and it’s private sector have laid the groundwork for tech companies to relocate to Melbourne.
If you also plan to build a business in this city, you can rent a private office space in Melbourne, and it will help give you a headstart in your business. Some Melbourne companies can provide you with a space tailor-fit to your requirements. They may even include tables and chairs, cubicles, and other furniture pieces so that you can begin your operations right away.
Planning Your Office Layout
Planning the layout of your office’s interior is not simply arranging and rearranging the chairs and tables. You need to be purposeful of all your actions like which space should be left open, where to put all the furniture, and not to mention the decorations.
Here are some tips to help you make a better impact with your staff and customers:
- Lighting: Make sure you know your natural light source, so you do not need to flood well-lit areas with lamps and bulbs. An automated system to control your lights will go a long way to create a mood. Be careful with the luminosity of the lights; you don’t want to use harsh lights that will be hard on your staff and customers.
- Comfortable Furniture: For your personnel, investing in ergonomic furniture will help them become more productive. The more you get your employees to focus on work, rather than standing around stretching, the better it is for your company. You can also invest in a comfortable lounge or sofa where customers can wait.
- Divide the Space Into Sections: One of the things that Google or Apple are idealised and frequently referred to by companies is for creating a casual working environment, which is proven to make employees more productive. You can divide your office into different working environments to encourage collaboration and solitude at the same time.
- Create a Corner Where They Can Unwind: It could be a coffee corner or a lounge, as long as they can find a refuge within your office where they can stop thinking about work for a moment. Some like to light a cigarette to de-stress, so you may also consider finding them a spot to do it while also protecting others from secondhand smoke.
- Control the Temperature: A US research has found that productivity suffers, especially among female employees, when the office thermostat is set too cold. You must ensure that the workers can control the temperature for optimum comfort. For instance, rooms that are directly hit by sunlight tend to be warmer than interior spaces. Also, the Australian Standards 1837 – 1976 recommends that the room temperature for offices during summer should be set at 21-24 degrees Celsius.
Finally, involve your employees in the process of choosing your office space. After all, they will spend hours sitting on their chairs or in front of their desks. Make sure they are comfortable in their little corner, regardless of whether you have an open layout or installed cubicles in the office.
Consider these thoughts while opting for your private office space in Melbourne, seriously it will help.