Electricity impacts our lives so much, many of us cannot imagine living without it. Just about everything we touch requires electrical or battery power of some sort. And with this power comes the risk of danger, from leaks to fires.
Plastic enclosures provide safe electronic housing for the gadgets we love. They prevent leaks, static, and fire while keeping the device safe.
Keep reading to learn why you need custom plastic enclosures for your appliances and devices.
Purpose of Custom Plastic Enclosures
Businesses, contractors, and individuals use custom plastic enclosures for a variety of things depending on the material of the enclosure. Here are a few of the types of plastic for enclosures and the ways they’re used.
- ABS or Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene: lightweight, non-hazardous, and durable plastic often used to protect small electronic devices and household appliances.
- Poly-carbonate plastic or PC: a scratch and heat-resistant plastic that works best outdoors because it withstands direct sunlight. You will find this plastic in greenhouses.
- Polyamide or PA: works best for car engines or similar mechanical engines because it withstands extreme heat.
- Poly (methyl methacrylate): a transparent plastic that transmits and redirects light. Thus you find it on skylight domes, in large aquariums, and even on submarines. Domestically, you’ll find it used to encase musical instruments.
- Thermoplastic elastomer or TPE: a sturdy, flexible mix of rubber and plastic that protects tablets and mobile phones. TPE is also recyclable.
- Bio grade plastic: a heat-resistant, easily moldable plastic made from cellulose used to protect electronic devices but also used for food storage.
The type of plastic will determine the best use for each enclosure.
Benefits of Custom Plastic Enclosures
Custom plastic enclosures have a myriad of benefits. Here are a few characteristics that stand out:
- Waterproof: Plastic by nature is waterproof. When you need to put an electrical enclosure in a wet environment, plastic enclosures make the most sense over metal enclosures. They’re waterproof and will not rust.
- Non-magnetic: You want an enclosure that is non-magnetic since often magnetic material can cause damage to the electronics you’re trying to protect. You have no worry about magnetic interferences with a plastic enclosure.
- Inexpensive: Plastic enclosures are made of inexpensive materials, to begin with, making them one of the most cost-effective solutions on the market for protecting electronics.
- Insulating: Your electronics need a constant temperature, and plastic allows for that. A metal enclosure will increase the heat inside while plastic will keep it constant.
- Flexible: plastic protects the inside of your enclosure from impact. It absorbs vibrations better than metal, making it a perfect solution to protect delicate electronics.
- Light: plastic weighs less than metal. If you have an enclosure you have to move much, you want a light solution.
Plastic enclosures provide a logical, inexpensive solution when you need to protect your devices.
Custom Plastic Enclosures For the Win
Companies can make custom plastic enclosures specifically for your needs so the enclosure fits snugly around your electronics or appliance. In fact, many plastic companies thrive on designing the perfect fit for various devices. Custom cases provide water-tight packaging, molded-in graphics, and even special battery chambers.
If you enjoy learning new things, keep visiting our site. We publish articles on a variety of topics to help you grow.