Who doesn’t trust a plush toy that pees?
In mid-December, the market for Beanie Babies skyrocketed, thanks to viral videos of one being dropped in a monochromatic koala-bear suit. But the rare Beanie Babies don’t have eye-catching fur or cutely rounded smiles. They’re entirely imperceptible, except to the keen-eyed collectors that purchased the toys years ago.
If the YouTube videos for the rarest Beanie Babies 2020 have you with a case of Beanie fever, take a look at these seven toys to seek out.
Check Your Collection for These 7 Rare Beanie Babies
If you’re an avid Beanie Baby collector, then you know that there are always a few rare finds that are worth more than the others. Check your collection for these 7 rare Beanie Babies and see if you have any of these valuable treasures.
- PE pellets: These are usually found in early generations of Beanie Babies and are worth a lot more than the standard pellets.
- ERRORS: Any Beanie Baby with an error on the tag.
- PROTotypes: Unreleased Beanie Babies that were only given to a select few people. They’re extremely rare and valuable.
- First generation: The first generation of Beanie Babies is always worth more than subsequent generations.
- Retired: Retired Beanie Babies are no longer in production, so they’re more valuable than current ones.
- Limited edition: Limited edition Beanie Babies are usually more valuable because there are fewer of them.
- Signed: A Beanie Baby that’s been signed by the designer.
The 7 Rarest Beanie Babies in Existence
There are seven beanie babies that are the rarest in existence. These are the ones to look for when scouring your collection:
- Peanut the Elephant
- Legends the Bear
- Neutral the Bear
- Polo the Bear
- Work the Bear
- Error the Bear
- The Mystic
Each one is unique and has a different story, making them all the more valuable to collectors. So, if you come across any of these, be sure to hang on to them, as they could be worth a lot in the future. See some of them on plushcollector.com.
Are They Worth a Fortune?
If you’re a fan of Beanie Babies, then you know that some of them are worth more than others which is why collectors buy beanie babies. Check your beanie baby collection for these rare Beanie Babies, as they could be worth a fortune:
- Peanut the Royal Blue Elephant: With only 100 of these made, and they’re worth around $20,000 each.
- Patti the Platypus: There are only 50 of these in existence, and they’re worth around $15,000 each.=
- Blackie the Bear: This is the rarest of all Beanie Babies, as only 9 exist. They’re worth a staggering $250,000 each!
- Chilly the Penguin: There are only 200 of these, and they’re worth around $5,000 each.
- Pinchers the Lobster: This is another rare Beanie Baby, as there are only 100 in existence. They’re worth around $4,000 each.
- Pirate Bear: This is a special edition Beanie Baby, and there are only 100 in existence. They’re worth around $3,000 each.
How to Tell if Your Beanie Baby Is Rare
If you’re a Beanie Baby collector, you know that some of those little plush animals are worth a lot of money. But how can you tell if your Beanie Baby is rare? Here are seven things to look for.
- Ty Warner sewed each individual Beanie Baby himself, so look for his signature on the tag.
- Early Beanie Babies often have errors on their tags, so look for misspellings or incorrect information.
- The early Beanie Babies also have different fabrics than the later ones, so they’re usually softer and more plush.
- The first Beanie Baby ever released was “Pinchers the Lobster,” so that one is especially rare.
- “Peanut the Royal Blue Elephant” is also rare, because he was one of the first four Beanie Babies ever released.
- “Princess the Bear” is rare because she was only available for a short time after Ty Warner’s death.
- “Blackie the Bear” is rare because he was only available for a short time after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
The Most Valuable Beanie Babies
If you’re a fan of Beanie Babies, you might want to check your collection for these seven rarest ones. They could be worth a lot of money!
If you’re looking to add to your collection or start one, be on the lookout for these valuable beanie babies.
- ERROR bear-which was produced in 1997 and has an error in its tag. This makes it quite rare and valuable.
- PEACE bear- which was released in 2000 and is one of the most popular Beanie Babies.
- PRINCESS Diana bear- which was released in 1997 and is one of the most sought-after Beanie Babies.
- VALENTINO bear- which was released in 1998 and is one of the rarest Beanie Babies.
- NEW YORK Yankees bear –which was released in 1999 and is also quite rare.
- Millennium bear – which was released in 1999 and is one of the most valuable Beanie Babies.
- Ty beanie baby – was released in 1997 and is one of the most popular Beanie Babies.
Beanie Babies for You
These seven rare Beanie Babies are definitely worth checking for in your collection! If you have any of these, you could be sitting on a goldmine without you realizing it! Who knows, you could be the next big Beanie Baby tycoon waiting to be discovered! So what are you waiting for? Get up and begin the search. This is definitely worth your every effort!
Check out our site for more information on the history of beanie babies, as well as all the newest information about this treasured collectible.