Going viral on TikTok can help you get an online presence to market products, make a side income as an influencer, or just build your social media audience.
Our short guide can help you on your way to being famous on TikTok and getting more views.
1. Understand the Algorithm
TikTok’s algorithm is based on a meritocracy. This means that every video that is uploaded is shown to a small group of viewers on their For You Page (FYP). If the video performs well in the small group, they will then introduce it to more viewers they believe will like it.
With this algorithm you can further your reach when you use these tactics:
- Using popular sounds or music.
- Learning popular TikTok trends, or challenges.
- Utilizing storytelling
2. Pick a Niche
If you’re wanting your recipes to go viral, then you’re probably not going to be making comedy skit videos, or challenge videos. Or if you’re trying to promote products, you won’t need to put out cooking videos.
It is important to determine what you’re wanting to be known for and work around that. Once you know what your niche is, it’s time to get to know your audience.
3. Understanding Your Audience
Once you’ve picked your niche, getting to know your audience will be easy. If you’re posting videos about dog training or dog grooming, your audience is most likely pet owners in their 40s. Try to tailor your content around that.
You can also research keywords related to your niche to create hashtags that will reach your desired audience.
4. Using Hashtags Wisely
TikTok only gives you 100 characters in the video description box. This only gives you limited space to use hashtags or keywords. It’s important to use relevant hashtags, using older hashtags will hurt your reach.
You can research creators in the same niche as you and use similar hashtags to help reach your target audience.
5. Engagement Is Key
Your ultimate goal in going viral on TikTok is getting your audience to engage with your videos. This can be achieved with several methods:
- Parts of your video have to be rewatched, maybe add in text that can’t be fully read in one video loop
- Incite “FOMO” in your viewers, such as videos broken into multiple parts
- Add a call to action to your videos, ask your viewers to like and share your video, or to follow you for more
More About Going Viral on TikTok
If you’re still finding it hard to go viral, there are a few reasons TikTok might not be showing viewers your video. These include:
- Your account is new and you’ve yet to watch or like any videos or add information to your bio
- Your video goes against community guidelines
- A system glitch
So how many views does it take to go viral? TikTok considers a video viral on a system based on points. Once a video gets 300 points, the platform considers the video viral.
- If the video is 90%-100% watched you get 1 point
- If the video is stopped around the 50% mark you get no points
- If the video is looped you get 2 points.
If all else fails there are services out there that can help give your TikTok a boost like those at celebian.com.
Get All The Viral Info
We hope this short guide to going viral on TikTok has given you a sense of direction to take with your page. Be sure to share this article on social media with your friends.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of our blog for more social media inspiration.