Have you forgotten the password for your Wi-Fi network? There is nothing unusual about it. Irrespective of whether you have changed the default password or not, it is extremely easy to find out your Wi-Fi network in any case. You can even find out the password if you had connected to the network previously from Mac or Windows PC.
Read on to know more:
Find Out Wi-Fi Password When You Have Forgotten It
Here is how you would learn about your forgotten password:
Use Router’s Stock Password
This method is useful for individuals, who have used the password that came with the router. One can discover the password by probing the router or from the documentation. However, if you altered the password even once, you may have to use another method.
Investigate Router Unit For Password
Almost all the manufacturers keep the password over a sticker pasted on the backside or the bottom of the router unit.
· The password lies near the SSID heading
· The password is long and comprises of numbers and letters with both uppercase and lowercase.
Check the router’s manual or box
It is likely that you don’t have the original manual and packaging of the router, but you can locate a copy of the login sticker inside the packaging, at the back side or on a separate card that must have come with the router. It helps when you could not find a stock password on the router.
Use the Router’s Bypass
Almost all the routers let you connect. Press the “WPS” button on the backside of the router. Now select the network on your computer, console, mobile or entertainment unit. Make sure to connect to the network in 30 seconds. It will help you connect to your computer without knowing the password.
But this feature is not available on all the routers. Check the model or documentation for a WPS feature. It may not help you to know the password, but it will help you connect to the internet provided by Internet provider in Montreal and others.
Method 2: FIND PASSWORD ON WINDOWS
Click Wi-Fi Icon
This method is useful when you are connected to a wi-fi network, and you don’t know the password.
At the bottom of the screen in the far-right side of the taskbar is an icon for Wi-Fi. Click on it. A Wi-Fi menu will appear. Then
· Click > Network and Network Settings
· Click > Wi-Fi
· Click > Change Adapter Options. It opens the Control Panel page
· Click on your Wi-Fi network
· Click > View Status of this Connection
· Click > Wireless Properties
· Click > Security tab
· Check > Show Characters Tab. You will know the password from here.
Method 3: Find Out the Password on Mac
· Open Finder
· Click Go
· Click Utilities
· Click Keychain Access Twice
· Find your Network’s name. Double click
· Check > Show Password box
· Enter administrator password
Find Wi-Fi Password on a Rooted Android Device
· Requires your Android device to be rooted.
· Download alternate root-enabled file explorer.
· Launch app
· Tap the menu button on the upper left-hand corner
· Slide “Root Explorer”
· Switch towards “On”
In the left menu
· Go To Local > Device
· Browse data/misc/wifi
· Open wpa_supplicant.conf
· Scroll to find SSID to locate the password.
For more Technology tips from Action Life Media, click here.